First, it was the legs.
Then the arms wanted to come out, too.
Pattern: Simplicy 1801
Fabric: seafoam green cotton batiste, underlined with ivory cotton
Notions: invisible zip, light interfacing
Notes:
Well, I really didn't derivate from the last time I made this pattern. This time I chose a crisper fabric, and both seem to work well. This time I also left off the sleeves. I kept the raised neckline and altered waist pieces, so it was a pretty straight forward project. It's nice sewing with well-behaved fabric.
Especially when it's so fun to look at!
I purchased this from Mood on a whim, and while it was really out of what I'd normally wear, I really liked all the random bright colors together. They described it as an Alice-in-Wonderland print, which I didn't really get, but it is wild and crazy and fun, and kept me constantly amused. Maybe if Alice went through the looking glass and under the sea? Maybe more Little Mermaid-y? I don't know.
Don't those look like ocean-y blooms? And tentacles?
Said the woman who lives about as far away from an ocean as you can get...
Anyway, I was careful with the print placement so I wouldn't end up with one of those explosive coral things anywhere titillating, but that was about as stressful as it got.
(Which is to say not at all.)
And the back view.
The photo above is probably the closest to true colors. Crazy and bright, and just what I need after a long, gray winter. You can tell these were taken pretty late in the day!
Just like last time, I underlined the bodice for a bit more stability. This time, though, I lined the skirt portion, too. Mostly because I try to avoid students seeing my underwear.
Both are lined with cotton lawn remants--not quite a yard left of the skirt fabric, and only large scraps for the bodice.
All in all, yay for warmer weather, yay for summer colors, yay for sandals, and yay for lighter-later evenings.





Beautiful dress! I see wearing it with almost any color cardigan. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was actually once asked if I had a cardigan in every color, and after thinking about it, all I could say was: yes, pretty much.
DeleteIt's really gorgeous. Inside and out!
ReplyDeletethank you!
Delete