Pattern: Butterick 6182
Fabric: light gray Theory stretch cotton sateen
Notions: invisible zip, tricot interfacing for waistband
I honestly have no idea what we're doing here, but hey, look at my skirt!
70's inspo safari pockets?
Liesl has stated somewhere that she feels that part of her job as a designer is to encourage people to try new styles. Or different styles. Or something.
Check!
The 70's are usually not my first choice when it comes to inspiration, but I'm game.
This is not a fantastic innards shot, but just showing that I used turquoise bias tape to finish the edge of the waistband rather than folding and slip-stitching.
Also, check out how well it goes with my other wardrobe fabrics!
Size-wise, I made a size 14 ('cause that's what I had) and sewed 3/8" side seams for a little extra wiggle room. I also added an extra 1" to the waist band, but in all honesty, probably could've gotten by with less. My fabric is slightly stretchy. I may yet decide to take it in at the zipper, but I'll wait until it goes through the dryer to see how it turns out. I do prewash fabrics, but sometimes that extra wash and dry brings things in a bit.
Mmm, we'll see.
In any case, I'm a fan of this skirt.
Carry on, Cats.




Beautiful skirt! I love how it goes so well with the rest of your wardrobe.
ReplyDeleteThanks! It does make it easier to get dressed in the morning!
Delete