For the first time in forever, I've felt like blogging!
No big issues, just busy. I actually have a draft from January that is still unpublished, and still totally relevant...burning the candle at both ends means something's gotta give.
But for today, I have permission to share a Halloween costume.
To be honest, Amazon and Ebay were my friends, here for the vest and jacket.
The shirt, because every Marty McFly needs a short-sleeved window-pane check button down, is courtesy the new-ish Oliver + S Buttoned Up Button down.
Pattern: Oliver + S Buttoned-Up Button-Down
Fabric: cotton shirting from Joann's
Notions: buttons, from an embarrassingly large stash
Time to complete: not quite a weekend, minus hayride, errands, life, etc.
I cut shortened the sleeves and omitted the pocket flaps.
And because it decided to snow a bit last night, we rocked the long underwear, too.
The star, though, was the vintage 1980's walkman, complete with Huey Lewis and News on cassette.
What can I say? Every sewer knows it: hoarding pays off.
So rest assured; we're busy, but we're raising our kids right.



well done!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm ridiculously proud of it myself! ;)
Delete